Tuesday

My take on the Gay Bishop

Commenting on Donald's site:
Thanks, Donald -- great post; fine comments. I skipped a bit at the end there (Chuck & sblafren should maybe email each other?).

But choosing a gay bishop is clearly a demonstrative act by the pro-gay lobby; including towards gay marriage. An attempt to change the church.

I'm pretty sure it will fail. I just finished a fine book "Rome Sweet Home". About a Presb. pastor who studied and studied and converted to Catholicism.

I might have to revisit my own Episcopalianism. I suspect more and more family oriented Christians will seriously consider converting -- although the RC Church in America is among the the worst/ most pro-gay (in practice ... YMCA for boys ...). In Slovakia, Christian is almost a synonym for Catholic. The book says there are some 25 000 protestant churches.

Well, maybe AndrewSullivan can get "married" by this Bishop; but where should religious marriage fit with gov't tax effects of marriage status?

I support marriage for only men with women -- for life. Civil unions available w/o tax benefits for gays, divorced/ second unions (after kids are born). Elliminate "no-fault" divorce for man-women marriages; only available for those in civ unions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home