Monday

Ornery:
Tom,
I'm trying to figure out why I do not want my sons to become homosexuals, and why I object to its growing social acceptance.
I was successfully promiscuous when younger, too; but I'm generally having more frequent and more satisfying sex now.
(My wife is 12 years younger than I, that is also an issue I'm aware of; I think it matters, wish it didn't) ... no way would I want to go back!
What's wrong with a life lived for pleasure?
There's a meaninglessness of a "pleasure life", wasted in an opium dream, for instance. Today there is an insistent, aggressive need by some gays to have their lifestyle adopted as equally normal. But it's not equal. And the disagreement about whether society should change increases the resentment/ anger by some hets (including me).

Tied to AIDS and the desire of gays to avoid behavior change makes me more angry. I understand the argument that "gay marriage" would encourage a reduced number of partners, but really don't believe it. If fear of AIDS isn't enough, I doubt that being called "married" will be enough.

Another word, meaning homosexual committed partners, would be more acceptable. If the gays can steal the word "gay", they should be able to create or adjust another word.
Significant other is too long, I know.

And then I move back towards that materialism and objectification of people that I object to. And the fact that infidelity in marriage is an even bigger social problem. And here, I realize, are big problems I can't seem to do much about; but "gay marriage" is a little problem that my opposition might reduce, so I oppose it.

I hope Eddie can happily couple with a committed partner, with neither of them cheating on the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home