Tuesday

JonO, I'm not sure you really read my posts.
I support "proof of competence" for adoptive partents, not quite licensing. I understand there is a "long line" for adoptive parents; so long that there's a problem of couples spending thousands of dollars to "buy" a healthy white baby newborn; or even ask a woman to become a surrogate parent. I oppose that level of "consumer parenting". (I support whites adopting blacks, and vice versa).

I am flatly against any homosexuals being allowed to adopt, as long as there are hetero couples who are "adequate" and willing to adopt. But I indicated there WOULD be homosexual parents, even homo-single parents at times--as you mention, when heteros decide they're of a homo- persuasion afterwards. That's more than enough experimentation for me.

I note, as a child of a (multi) divorce-broken home, that recent research indicates the damage to children is worse and longer lasting than previously expected. This confirms the social (and Biblical) wisdom of condemning divorce.

Divorce is, indeed, a bigger problem than gay marriage. But opposing gay marriage is easier than fixing the sick- consumerist- overly self-actualizing (at the expense of committed relating) social problems with marriage. And oposing gay adoption is even easier, especially since I think it's generally worse.

I'm sure the best same-sex couples would be better adoptive parents than the average institution, so there may be some cases where I'd support "exception cases" of same-sex couples adopting. Prolly even before single parents--I'm against singles being given custody as well.

I'm even MORE against any gov't forcing the Boy Scouts to allow homosexuals to be Scoutmasters. I wouldn't want my children to be taught by homosexuals; but being taken care of in the hospital is fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home